Sunday, November 2, 2008

We Love Our Boys!!




If there's anything that Luke and I COMPLETELY agree on, it would be that we LOVE our boys! They are soooo much fun! Every day they are saying something that makes me smile or laugh. I just love how they think, how they play, and how sweet they are to me (most of the time ;) ).
LJ loves many things in life. He is also constantly wanting to learn and his questions never cease, including the many that I truly don't know the answers to and tell him we'll look it up on the internet. Every night I let the boys each pick a book they want me to read to them for our bedtime routine. LJ without fail picks the SAME 2 books every night! One book is about every single state in the US and has all those fun little facts about each state. He LOVES learning about them. The other book he picks every night is the one about animals (it has actual pictures and facts about different animals, insects, etc.). LJ just can't stop learning! He also has been learning to read lately. It sure is fun to see him learn new things and to see him progress. Along with his great eagerness to learn, he is truly a BIG help to me around the house. Talk about adjusting yourself to the circumstances you're in. LJ really has stepped up his behavior since daddy has been gone. Every night after I put them to bed I think how grateful I am that LJ is such a wonderful helper. He helps out with his younger brother often, he picks up his room (I have to ask him to do it of course), and he even offers me compliments. It really melts my heart when I get dressed for the day and come out of the room to hear my boy say, "Mom, you look BEAUTIFUL". It makes me laugh because I think he's picked up a few charming tricks from his dad on how to talk to the ladies (of course dad only talks to this lady like that!). Somehow LJ just knows the right thing to say! There' so much more about LJ that we love, but I might just never stop typing!
Kyle is certainly an independent one. He is very strong willed! Kyle loves coloring, playing outside, and playing with his brother. He loves to let me hold him, which I love too! He loves having books read to him. Kyle also enjoys dancing and singing. He also loves talking on the phone with his family! He is always asking to talk to someone on the phone. He is often a cheerful little guy and it's not hard to find him smiling :) He is easy going and gets along with pretty much all people. In fact it's not uncommon to hear Kyle talking about how people are his best friends. When we dropped LJ off somewhere once Kyle was pretty upset about it. He says, but mom, LJ is my best friend! I love how he really values his brother and his relationships that he has with cousins and friends. Kyle will certainly be in is element as soon as we get him involved with preschool, sports, etc.
We all love daddy and can't wait for him to get home :) He should be here in just a few short days!!!



1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post about your boys!I also love the sugar story and you in the dryer-great! I haven't been on the blogs for a while, looks like you guys have been having fun! Call me and let me know when we can take your kids for the night when Luke gets back!

    ReplyDelete